Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just enough rope to hang myself with?

I'm beginning to suspect...
that these wonderfully generous and thoughtful gifts of just barely enough assistance to get me started-- with initial set-up, and software programs, and recommended Links from my geek kids are really [ disguised ] overtly aggressive acts of bitter revenge from their twisted psyches for whatevertheheck I didn't do right by them as children ... intended to snare their unsuspecting and OCD mother into further frustration, headache, loss of productive time and sleep... Though they are all the way out of the nest, even now they manage to keep me awake-by-proxy. Repeat
The Parents' Mantra: **
I am not responsible
for the actions of my offspring.
I will not be held responsible
for my own actions during this Full Moon....

Although, as evidence of how well I raised my daughter, she actually offered to take my car keys from me for the day as she was leaving the apartment (I'm just extended visiting) this morning to help me NOT go to Radio Shack (only place I have a "charge card") for a working digi-camera, her's having mysteriously frozen into telling us lies about no memory nor battery, etc. Anyways, though I probably, well, maybe, won't go for the camera cuz I'm totally broke and that would violate all my Sustainability Principles... what really worries me is that my involuntary response was "I'll walk."
** To avoid regrets, maintain maximum distance during Full Moon--up to 3 days prior and after

7 comments:

  1. Your kids want you to prove yourself, and you will. It's only a matter of screwing up, looking all over as to how to fix it, finding it, that eventually, you'll an expert and feel as if you always had done this. Look on E-bay for the camera (my friend finds everything there so much cheaper). I don't have the patience to even look through E-bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, no problema "it's only a matter of screwing up", as you say... n' I've got THAT down. Good idea, checking on eBay, 'cept, if YOU don't have the patience, what on earth makes you think I will? Besides, I'm touchy-feely and need to do a lot of "window-shopping" to make my choices. Perhaps someday when I know more about equipment I can just hunt online for pre-determined choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, one thing I've noticed. I don't get e-mails when you post. As one of your followers, isn't that supposed to be one of the big benefits??

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, I think there is an option link at the top of some page, either my end or your end that let's you opt in for that. I just came across it tonight. Let me look around again... Ha! and my daughter told me earlier tonight that she gets the emails not just for my new Postings, but even for the Comments, which she doesn't want! Now if we can just swap your results...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta-Dah! Mystery solved! Right here, beneath this Post-a-Comment box, is a link in pink (?) that says Subscribe by email. Apparently, all that's needed to do is tap it. It automatically reads your email address and signs you up... That's what I just did on each Posting Thread in yours. So, the first time you read a Post you want to follow, or first time you Comment and want to follow subsequent Comments, just tap it. No need to do again for that Thread, just any new ones you read...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!!! Why didn't I notice that before? I've entered e-mails to receive posts and comments within my settings (pubishing and comments). And, I just removed a bunch of my family's because they NEVER respond. Thanks. I'm going to do that right now. Although, I must say that it's annoying to have to do it for each separate post. Why not give you all the posts??????? Ah, and I see you can cancel it, as well. Just in case the person you'e following suddenly starts to sucketh in their writing ability. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, i just got my own comment. let's hope i get yours and your posts. ?!!!!

    ReplyDelete